Monday, January 17, 2011

Clearance is my friend!

This morning, thanks to their mailing list, I discovered that West Elm actually has REAL stores!  Up til now, I'd thought it was all online...but once I found out that they have a physical location, I had to visit it...NOW!  I love home decorating stores, and Scottsdale's Kierland Commons did not disappoint.  I stopped by Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, AND Z Gallerie, all less than a block apart.  If only I'd had more time!  Since I was just killing a little bit of free-time before a meeting, I skimmed through the previously listed eye candy pretty quickly and rushed over to West Elm.  I loved a lot of what I saw, but being the cheapskate that I am, it was the clearance that caught my eye.  I'm a sucker for a good deal.  I should rename this blog "Thrifty K's Adventures in Decorating"...  Anyway, I ended up finding a 3x7 runner that's a nice cushy high-quality 100% wool and originally listed for $129.99 marked down to $34.99.  With an additional 20% thanks to an ongoing sale, I ended up scoring this rug for only $28!!  I wasn't sure where I was going to put it when I bought it, but I couldn't pass up the deal.  Since it was too long for every other long skinny space in the house, this is where it landed.


Our walls are mostly bare, so I guess you could say that it *sort of* matches the rest of the decor.  Maybe I'll have to find some wall art to coordinate??  Either way, walking down our main hall is much more pleasant now and the sparrows even grew on Joel once he walked on it a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment